Jump to content


Dublin Airport Authority


The Naomh Mearnóg that we now know is the culmination of a long and varied association with Gaelic games in the Portmarnock area.

Although the current club came into existence in 1975, the St. Marnock’s team of the 1920s and ‘30s proved an early forerunner after the nearby Innisfails GAA team embarked on a brief hiatus.

Operating in the area now known as Old Portmarnock, St. Marnocks were one of the early luminaries of the north Dublin Gaelic football scene. The team won numerous honours in its first few years, including two Fingal League titles and a Fingal Championship, before the crowning glory of the Dublin Junior Football Championship was added to the roll of honour in 1936.

Naomh Mearnóg continues to prosper and thrive to this day, and is one of few clubs in Dublin that has participants in all four senior games departments- football, hurling, ladies’ football and camogie.

The club house at Naomh Mearnóg