Paddy Gorey is our Games Promotion Officer.
Paddy took up the position as Games Promotion Officer in the club in February 2005. Paddy works intensively with local schools and our nursery as well as supporting the club’s own mentors and players.
Paddy is always available to talk with parents whose children are interested in becoming involved with gaelic games at the club. You can contact Paddy on 087 311 0735
or email Paddy.email@example.com
Here are some of the areas Paddy is involved with:
School & Juvenile Coaching Activities
- Four days a week in schools during school term in St Marnocks National School, St Helens Junior & Senior Schools & St Nicholas of Myra. This covers twenty five different classes as well as the autistic unit in St Helens Junior School.
- Coaching of primary school teams
- Providing coaching support on match days and training of GAA teams in Community School
- Tutor transition year students in foundation level coaching
- Tutor team coaches in foundation level coaching
- Attend primary & secondary school matches.
- These activities extend to over 700 children each week
Club Coaching Activities:
- Coaching and supporting of juvenile teams
- Oversee Academy on Saturday morning which is attended by almost 200 children
- Attend juvenile club matches
- Set-up and co-ordinate Summer,& Easter camps
- Set-up and co-ordinate the annual mini leagues.
All of the above activities and achievements could not have been possible without the continued support and help of:
- Our Chairman and the Executive, my Steering Committee and the Juvenile Committee
- All of the juvenile coaches and mentors who give up their personal free time to work with the juvenile teams as well as the principals and teachers in the primary and secondary schools that I work in.