Posted April 24, 2015
The Club will be running an “Operation Transformation” health and fitness programme over a ten week period from the week beginning 4 May.
The Programme will be similar to the RTE Operation Transformation Programme (without the embarrassing photos and weigh in) and will involve organised and tailored gym sessions in the Club, other group based activities such as walking/running/cycling/swimming and talks on topics such as health and nutrition. The Programme will finish with a 5K Fun Run/Walk and/or a 20K Cycle and a social event in the Club on 11 July.
The key features of the Programme are as follows;
– Supervised exercise sessions in the Club/open air every Monday and Wednesday evening organized by Richard Murphy (more info on Richard)
– Other optional group activities will be organised during the week such as walks/runs, cycles, tennis and swimming. Participants can also join exercise sessions run by Saturday morning on Portmarnock Beach by Richard Murphy and Portmarnock Athletic Club’s Fit4Life runs.
– The Programme will start on Wednesday 6 May with a weigh in and introductory session in in the Club starting at 7:30 pm and the organised exercise sessions will start on Monday 11 May.
– There will be special talks for the Group on health, nutrition and mindfulness during the course of the Programme.
– Also healthy eating menus will be prepared for the Group and Smyths Family Butchers will be offering specially priced Operation Transformation food packs which will linked in with the healthy eating menus.
– The Programme ends on Saturday 11 July with a 5K Fun Run/25K Cycle and a social event in the Club Bar.
– Prizes for Highest % Weight Loss, Best Fall in % Body Fat and Best Increase in Overall Fitness
– Participation in the Programme is open to all but is being limited to 30 or so people.
If interested, email Michael Hannon at email@example.com or by text at 087 1205440.
Note: Participants have to be members of the Club which can be organised if you are not currently a member.
Warning: Any information provided or activities organised do not take into account the specific circumstances of any participants and therefore you are advised to consult your own doctor before undergoing any weight loss programme.